Manuela is CEO and Founder of SmartBizHub and #SmartPlan; and a advisory board member of the Weizmann Institute of Science Young European Network (WYEN) and of its Italian chapter. She also holds influential roles as ambassador and board member of various Swiss and international companies and networks.
In December 2017, Manuela launched the popular #FearlessFridays series on her blog, capturing how entrepreneurs and thought-leaders are driving change worldwide.
In May 2018 she was featured as the Female Founder of the Day by Startup Grind Zurich (by Google for Entrepreneurs) during the female entrepreneurship month.
Manuela loves connecting with people; listening to their stories, experiences, needs and suggestions; and learning from and growing with them. In her life and career, Manuela has gained valuable insights on ways to strike a successful balance between what we try to achieve and who we want to be.
· 2016 – 2017: Head of Communications and Engagement, UBS Unique, UBS WM, Zurich
· 2015 – 2016: Senior Market Lead WM Marketing Central Europe and Israel, Zurich; Senior Marketing Manager Global Projects Marketing – UBS WM, Zurich
· 2011 – 2017: Board member of the UBS Women Business Network, Zurich
· 2011 – 2015: Product Distribution Manager Investment Platforms Solutions, Global Emerging Markets, Europe, APAC – UBS WM, Zurich
· 2007 – 2011: Head of Content and Events EMEA – Financial News, London
· 2006 – 2007: Telco and Finance Events Manager – Institute for International Research, Milan
· 2003-2005: Marketing Manager – Oxford Group, Milan
· 2000 – 2003: Market Analyst and External Relations Manager – The Nielsen Group, Milan
Manuela holds a master's degree in marketing and communications, and various post-university certifications. She has eighteen years' experience in marketing, project management, communications, financial markets, market analysis and digital engagement; and speaks English, Italian, German and Spanish.
Manuela was raised in Milan and moved to London aged 27, where she spent some of the most interesting years of her life. In 2011, she moved to Switzerland. Today, Manuela, her husband and two little boys are happy to call Zurich home. Her hobbies are reading, blogging, behavioral sciences, the digital world at large, and spending time outdoors.